I love quinoa salads! They make such a nutritious and delicious lunch, and they are so easy to make. Quinoa is considered as a superfood. It’s packed with protein (it’s a complete source of protein) and fiber, as well as alkaline minerals such as magnesium. It’s also low on the glycemic index. Quinoa is eaten like a grain but is actually a seed, making it gluten-free and easier to digest. There are different colors of quinoa on the market, which can be fun to play with but there is absolutely no difference in terms of nutritional value.
This quinoa salad is made with various vegetables and herbs. It’s absolutely delicious and filling too. I like to eat it as a main dish, especially during Spring or Summer but it can also be served as a healthy side dish. This dish is vegan and gluten-free. I hope you enjoy it!
Quinoa Salad with Avocado and Herbs
This delicious quinoa salad is made with avocado and herbs, as well as other vegetables. It’s very nutritious. It makes a great dish or side dish for Spring and Summer. It’s vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 small red onion, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced or diced tomato
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ cup Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the quinoa, stir, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until water is all absorbed. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate. (You can do this step in advance)
- When quinoa is cold, put into a large bowl and add all the vegetables and herbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper. Pour in the salad and mix until well combined. Enjoy!
This article was re-posted from: consciouscooking.com